Search This Site
Emergency Notification System - Sign Up Today

The Village and Granville Township have implemented an Emergency Notification System that allows us to send telephone or text messages to all or targeted areas of the community in emergency situations that require immediate action. Sign up today by clicking on the link above.

VillageConnect Message System

Residents can receive direct email messages containing important information about community events, public meetings, road closures, construction projects, or community surveys by subscribing to the VillageConnect email system. Please click on the link above to sign up to receive these messages. You can also unsubscribe by clicking on the link.

Mayor's Court Ticket Payments
Utility Payments
Upcoming Events

Click here for the full Community Calendar.

Mayor's Court in the Village of Granville

The Clerk of Court for the Mayor's Court is Bobbi Stover. She provides the administration for the Court. After reading the information on this page, please contact Mrs. Stover at (740) 587-0707 or the email the link below if you have questions regarding court appearances, fines, court procedures, or other court matters.  Payments may be made by clicking on the Online Ticket Payment System link below.

Bobbi Stover, Clerk of Court

Dave Dudgeon, Alternative Plea Program Coordinator  (Diversion Program)


Online Ticket Payment


As provided by the Ohio Revised Code, the Mayor's Court serves as a local, convenient forum for the hearing of misdemeanor offenses and other minor violations. Specifically, the jurisdiction of the court is limited to misdemeanor cases involving violations of Village ordinances and involving moving traffic violations occurring on state highways within the Village.

Rights of Defendants Appearing in Mayor's Court

Defendants appearing in Mayor's Court will have been charged with violation of a Granville ordinance or Village traffic law. If you are a defendant scheduled to appear in Mayor's Court, you will have the following rights within the Court:

  1. You have a right to have an attorney represent you, and the right to have your case continued for a reasonable time to secure an attorney. If you are charged with a serious offense - involving confinement for more than six months - and are unable to employ counsel, you have a right to have counsel assigned to you. This would require that your case be transferred to Licking County Municipal Court.

  2. If you have been confined, you have a right to bail.

  3. You need not make any statement at any point in the proceeding, and any statement you make may be used against you. You will be given the opportunity to make a statement if you wish.

  4. In certain cases, you have the right to a jury trial. If you wish to have a jury trail, your case must be transferred to Licking County Municipal Court. If you wish this court to hear your case, you will be asked to sign a waiver of jury trial.

  5. If you are convicted of a traffic violation, a record of your conviction will be sent to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and become part of your driving record.

  6. If you are convicted of a drug abuse offense, including possession of drug paraphernalia, your license will be suspended for not less than six (6) months and not longer than five (5) years. This is a mandatory penalty for which the Court has no discretion.

  7. If you are not a citizen of the United States, a conviction of any offense to which you plead guilty or no contest, or of which you are found guilty by any Court, may have the consequences of deportation, exclusion from admission to the United States, or denial of naturalization pursuant to the laws of the United States. Your signature on the rights form indicates your acknowledgement of this advisement.

When your case is called, you will be asked to enter a plea to the charge that is filed against you. You may enter one of the following pleas:

  1. You may enter a plea of GUILTY. This means that you are admitting that you committed the offense charged, and the Court will determine the sentence. You will have the opportunity to make a statement to the Court if you wish.

  2. You may enter a plea of NOT GUILTY. This means that you are denying the charge and a trial will be set for a later date. At the trial, the Village will present its case against you. You have the right to cross examine any witnesses who testify against you. You have the right to call witnesses on your behalf or to testify yourself; although, as previously stated, you are not required to do so.

  3. You may enter a plea of NO CONTEST. This is not an admission of your guilt, but is an admission of the truth of the facts alleged in the charge against you. However, the plea of NO CONTEST cannot be used against you in any later case, and is recommended where there has been an auto accident.

If you have any questions about your rights, you may ask them when your case is called.

ADDITIONAL CHARGES - If you are found guilty, the following charges may be assessed in addition to any fines that may be levied:

  • State Fee: $39.00 (Moving Violation)
  • State Fee: $29.00 (Non-Moving Violation)
  • Court Cost: $31.00

RIGHT OF APPEAL - You have the right to Appeal from the ruling of this Court. That appeal must be filed within ten days of the judgment as provided by Section 1905.23 of the Ohio Revised Code.

Please follow the link at the end of this sentence to print or download a copy of this Statement of Rights


Currently, the Village of Granville Mayor's Court convenes every Friday. at 8:30am.   Arraignments are held at that time before Mayor Melissa Hartfiled or Vice Mayor Constance Barsky.   Trials are typically held at 8:30am on the last Friday of each month before Magistrate John Berryhill.