Granville Community Calendar

Bryn Du Minutes October 28, 2009

BRYN DU GOVERNANCE COMMISSION

REGULAR MEETING MINUTES OF WEDNESDAY, October 28, 2009

Approved 12/2/09

 

Members present:

Larry Bicking, Stewart Dyke, Reed Fraley, Keith Myers, erb, HHhhhh   Candi Moore, Jurgen Pape, Tony Piehowicz.

Bruce Cramer, Exec.  Dir.

Guests present:

Steve Mershon (part-time)

Minutes:

Jurgen moved and Tony seconded to approve the minutes of the September 23, 2009; approval was unanimous.

Financial Report:

Reed handed out his latest financial report, dated October 27, 2009.  Reed summarized some items: rent and expenses are about the same as last year; we have not yet received the $ 26,000 from the village for 2009; we are current in regards to the IRS 990 status and we have, for the third year, taken in about the same ($80,000) which indicates a relative full capacity.  A discussion ensued what to place under improvements associated with the village payments.  Bruce will make up a list of potential and needed equipment.  The fountain repair could be done next as well as additional planting; the latter must be deer-protected and has to be planned accordingly, though.

Larry moved and Stew seconded to receive the financial report; acceptance was unanimous.

Executive Director Report

Bruce highlighted items in his latest report (attached).

We need to decide on specific donation items and to keep track of donations and their values for tax purposes.  Bruce promised to do so.

Bruce also showed some potential directional sign sketches, which the board approved.

Old Business:

Keith has developed some potential signage proposals; he will email them to the board for review.

Tony reported that the antique show seems to be well under way; a follow-up meeting with the volunteer chair and planning team was scheduled for October 30.

The garden area is progressing.  Adjustments had to be made because the dimensions were less, which reduced the planting area and cost.  The dimensions were apparently taken off old and inaccurate drawings, which opened up a brief discussion of Jurgen’s suggestion years ago about a proper survey.  Jurgen will contact Jobes Henderson to find out possibilities and costs.  Keith and Jurgen will get together with Klauder to resolve brush clearing towards the polo field.

Steve Mershon added to the discussion of the memorial area, which includes the hardscape, planting and 35’ flagpole but not the installation of the latter, or the grove of trees nearby.  Keith suggested that the tree grove be planted at one time with folks donating individual trees later, numbered and referred to on a map.  Bruce said that the u.g. electrical lines are generally placed in that area.

The mansion second floor was discussed.  The basic ideas stated in the original report still appear correct.  Flexibility of spaces is very important to allow future changes.  The executive director’s office, possibly adjacent to a meeting room, seems appropriate.  An elevator, if not built in the near future, should at least be planned.  Occupancy requirements need to be clarified.  Infrastructure between floors such as electric and especially plumbing needs to be considered.

It was decided to have Bruce contact Claggett to develop some basic options with the Board’s input and then attend our next meeting, if possible, for complete board discussion including architectural drawing costs.

Due to the upcoming holidays, the next regular meeting is scheduled for December 2, 2009.  A special meeting may have to be scheduled before or after the next regular meeting.                      

The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 PM.   

Employee Payroll / Compensation

The Village has thirty-six (36) full-time employees, 16 regular part-time employees and seaonal employees. Village Personnel Policy

Go to My Pay Stub and login.