BRYN DU COMMISSION
Regular Meeting Minutes of Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Members present: Candi Moore, Chair, Larry Bicking, Vince Engel, Reed Fraley, Jurgen Pape, eand Bruce Cramer, Exec. Dir. The meeting was called to order at 7:18pm.
Public Comments: None:
Minutes: April 28, 2010 unavailable. Jurgen moved and Vince seconded, that the minutes of the May 26, 2010 meeting, be approved as submitted. Motion carried.
Financial Report: Reed provided, and reviewed a summary of current and year to date financial activity and indicated that both revenues and expenditures were consistent with historical trends since 2006 and in line with the current budget. Jurgen moved and Larry seconded the reports acceptance. Motion carried.
Executive Director’s Report: Bruce reviewed his monthly activity report, as submitted. A brief discussion followed regarding grounds repairs needed following the recent festival on the “Great Lawn”.
- Pathway Plan; Jurgen reported that all aspects of the issue, including the concerns of neighbors, were discussed with out action being taken.
- Repair and Maintenance Work; Bruce indicated the lawn mower approved in May has been purchased and is in service, and that village crews, using a high lift, assisted with gutter cleaning at the Mansion relieving basement leaking.
- Formal Gardens; Jurgen distributed his analysis of bid proposals for the planting phase of the formal gardens and recommended award to the lowest bidder in the amount of $10,761.50. Vince moved and Reed seconded Jurgen’s recommendation be accepted and awarded to the lowest bidder. The motion carried.
-Antique Show; A communication from Melrose and Duddy, sent to each member of the Board, terminating their services was discussed at length. It was moved by Vince and seconded by Jurgen that their
“Notice to Quit” be accepted.
With respect to Special Event Field House rentals, it was moved by Jurgen and seconded by Reed that the daily rental be established at $3,000 - $5,000.
New Business: Parking Issues;
- Jones Road: There was conscientious that parking should not be permitted, at any time, on Jones Road due to safety issues. Sports and special event leadership should be encouraged to assist with providing educational information to event participants about safety and parking regulations and availability.
- Lawn Parking: Candi reviewed correspondence received questioning the acceptability of allowing parking on the lawn during the recent Arts and Wine Festival which was followed by an extensive discussion.
- There was agreement that parking on non paved areas should be limited and only with advance permission of the Executive Director, and that a grounds repair/restoration deposit should be considered. Also, written general parking policy should be developed to encompass all parking, including special consideration for service and delivery vehicles appropriate for a particular event. The Chair asked Bruce to research and draft appropriate policies.
- Charging for Parking: It was felt that charging for parking by event sponsors should be considered when not in conflict with other on site events. Again, a draft policy should be developed including consideration of a percentage of fees being payable to the Commission.
- Plaza Development/GSVA Sidewalk: Jurgen reviewed his up date to plan keeping it in context with the overall Master Plan and recommended undertaking about one third of the total project now to provide suitable access to the GSVA Studio this winter. It was agreed to proceed with the development of bidding documents, with two alternates to complete the project, and to proceed to bid.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:15pm.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for July 28, 2010