BRYN DU COMMISSION
Regular Meeting Minutes of Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Members present: Candi Moore, Chair, Larry Bicking, Vince Engel, Reed Fraley, Kris Burkett, eand Bruce Cramer, Exec. Dir. The meeting was called to order at 7:13pm.
Public Comments: No comments
Minutes: Larry moved to approve the minutes as corrected. Kris seconded the motion.
Financial Report: Reed gave the financial report. Rental fees are ahead from this time last year. Vince moved to accept the financial report, Larry seconded.
Sandra Lodge will be doing payroll.
Executive Director’s Report: Bruce reviewed his report for the month. There was discussion on the painting of the carriage house and GSVA. John S. Jones’ grandson, Jonas Olmstead is visiting Thursday to discuss his recollections of being at Bryn Du as a kid.
Old Business: - There was review of Jurgen’s construction project list. Among items discussed was the status on the fountain which is up and almost running but needs a few minor adjustments, expansion of the gravel lot and defining parking spaces and removal of the steps in the front walkway. Group consensus was that the step removal should be a priority. Bruce will be working on these projects getting pricing, etc.
New Business: Candi presented the Village Supplemental Capital Project Distributions application – funding requests are being asked for by the Village by May 18th. There was discussion on the carriage house renovation in relation to this new available funding. Larry moved that we submit an application asking for capital distribution of $140,000 with a Bryn Du Commission contribution of $75,000 generated from Bryn Du event rentals. Reed seconded the motion. Motion carried. The GSVA trim painting was revisited in relation to this new funding as well. Bruce will do a paint composition test. Kris talked about a new painting system called Rhino paint that is supposed to last a lifetime that we could look into. Further decision was tabled until the next meeting.
- Stone wall at field house is being fixed. The rock facing was separating from the cement under-structure due to water seepage, Bob is working on installing new drainage to correct this problem and then the rock facing will be completed.
- New stone work being investigated for back patio and front porch patio.
- Flowers will be planted in May.
- The Life/Local series on the Master Plan with Keith Meyers had approximately 20 people in attendance and favorable comments were received. Vince had given a phone interview to the Granville Sentinel and the article was nicely done.
- The first Daffodil show at Bryn Du went very well and brought in a nice cross-section of the community.
- The Roundup grant is being completed and is still to go out.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for May 23rd