Granville Community Calendar
Granville Arts Commission
The Arts Commission, created in March 2004, is a community based organization dedicated to the enhancement of cultural arts, community character, and interaction for the Village of Granville and all of its residents. The purpose of the Commission is to enrich the Granville community through community based events, activities, and programs by distributing funds to organizations or individuals that are involved in arts or cultural activities.
The eleven members of the Arts Commission are appointed from the following organizations: Granville Village Council, Granville Township Trustees, Granville Chamber of Commerce, Granville Historical Society, Bryn Du Governing Commission, Granville Recreation Commission, Granville Foundation, two volunteers from the community, and two representatives of Denison University. The current members of the Commission include:
- Jurgen Pape - Chair, representing the Bryn Du Governing Commission
- Lois Foreman Wernet, representing the Granville Village Council
- Mickey Smith, representing the Granville Township Trustees
- Jodi Melfi, representing the Granville Chamber of Commerce
- Marilyn Sundin, representing the Granville Historical Society
- Neal Zimmers, representing the Granville Recreation Committee
- Meg Ginther, representing the Granville Foundation
- Kyle Morgan and Wayne Piper, representing the community-at-large
- Ann Townsend, representing Denison University
- Jackie O'Keefe, liasion from Village Council
Please visit the Granville Arts Commission website for further information and to apply for a grant.