ORDINANCE NO. 05-2015
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND SECTION 1171.02 OF THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF THE VILLAGE OF GRANVILLE, OHIO
WHEREAS, the Council of the Village of Granville, Ohio, has determined that it is necessary to amend the Zoning Code of the Village in order to protect the general health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of the Village.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Council of the Village of Granville, Ohio that:
Section 1. Existing Section 1171.02 is hereby amended as follows:
(a) PUD: Planned Unit Development Uses.
(1) Dwelling units: single-family, two-family and multi-family dwellings and accessory uses incidental to these uses such as garages, etc.
(2) Nonprofit cultural, religious or civic uses such as churches, parks and community facilities as determined to be in keeping with the character of this district by the Planning Commission.
(3) Home occupations.
(4) Limited mixed-use combinations of commercial uses.
(b) PCD: Planned Commercial District Uses.
(1) Retail establishments: grocery stores, drug stores, hardware stores.
(2) Retail food preparation: meat markets, bakeries, specialty food shops, ice cream stores, delicatessens, coffee shops, tea shops, confectionery stores, and other similar facilities.
(4) Community facilities including nonprofit cultural, civic or religious uses, such as churches, schools and parks.
(5) Business and professional offices and financial institutions, such as banks, medical and dental offices and clinics, law offices, insurance offices, real estate offices, advertising agency offices, answering service offices, architects' offices, Certified Public Accountants' offices, engineers' offices, interior decorators' offices, and financial services offices including financial planner offices, and stock brokerage offices.
(6) Specialty shops: antique shops, gift shops, magazine shops, newsstand, tobacco shops, book stores, clothing stores, jewelry stores, shoe stores, card shops, stationery stores, florist shops, arts and crafts supplies stores, bridal shops, health food stores, musical instruments stores, music stores, bicycle stores, toy stores, audio equipment stores, video equipment stores, china stores, glassware stores, linen stores, computer stores, software stores, quilting stores, fabric stores, office supply stores, picture frame stores, video rental stores, camera and photography shops, optical goods stores, and sporting goods outlets.
(7) Service shops: Laundromat, dry-cleaning and laundry pick-up stations, barber and beauty shops, physical fitness centers, shoe repair and tailor shops, print shops, copy shops.
(8) Certain mixed-use combinations of single family, two family and multi-family residential units, retirement community, nursing homes, or assisted living structures and childcare facilities.
(9) Drive-ins, drive-ups, or drive-throughs as described below:
A. For all parcels zoned PCD after May 20, 1998: drive-ins, drive-ups, or drive-throughs in conjunction with an above-mentioned use, except, that drive-up, drive-through, or drive-in facilities shall not be permitted in or at any fast food enterprise, or any enterprise involving the sale of beverages (for the purposes of this section, a fast food enterprise is a business engaged in the sale of pre-prepared or quickly prepared food and beverages, usually in disposable containers and wrappers, for consumption either on or off premises, in a facility in which a major portion of the food and beverage sales to patrons are at stand-up type counters or drive-in, drive-up, or drive-through arrangements).
B. For all parcels zoned PCD prior to May 20, 1998: drive-ins, drive-ups, or drive-throughs in conjunction with an above-mentioned use.
(10) Gasoline stations, for all parcels zoned PCD prior to the effective date of this ordinance only.
Conditionally Permitted Uses
(1) Single family residential.
(c) PID: Planned Industrial District Uses.
(1) Manufacturing, light industrial uses, processing, warehousing and industrial service activities located and maintained within the limits of the development standards of these Planned Industrial District regulations.
(2) Research/office facilities.
(3) Professional and business offices.
(4) Aviation-oriented facilities.
(5) Maintenance and storage facilities.
Section 2. This ordinance shall become effective upon the earliest date allowed by the laws of the State of Ohio and the Charter of the Village of Granville.
Passed this 15th day of April, 2015.