September 24, 2007
Members Present: Chip Blanchard, Tom Mitchell, Tim Ryan, Jack Burriss, Jackie O’Keefe (non-voting), and Tim Riffle (Chair).
Members Absent: None.
Staff Present: Village Planner - Alison Terry, Planner I – Lauren Repas, Mollie Prasher – Clerk of Council.
Visitors Present: James and Jill Levere, Barbara Franks, Dan Rogers, Tim Hughes, John Castle, and Dr. Sabato "Sam" Sagaria.
A court reporter was present to transcribe items under ‘New Business.’ She swore in all those who planned to speak.
John Casell, 216 East College Street, stated that he was there to inquire about property located at 224 East College Street. He stated that the primary structure used to be a 1 ½ story building, but it is now a two story building. Mr. Casell asked if this was approved by the Planning Commission and he stated he did not receive any notice regarding a hearing. Mr. Casell stated that he objects to the approval because it means more people and more cars. Mr. Casell went on to say that he also objects to the sod being taken up to create a parking lot. He stated that the work being done at 224 East College Street is decreasing the value of his home, while increasing the value of their property. Mr. Casell also stated that a bay of the garage appears to now be an apartment and he wondered if an occupancy permit had been given. He also stated that he would like to be notified of any future hearings or decisions for property located at 224 East College Street. Mrs. Terry stated that she pulled the file for this property and what has been built does not appear to be consistent with what was originally approved by the Planning Commission. She stated that the parking lot is consistent with what was submitted. Mrs. Terry stated that the Village needs to notify the property owner to ask them to resubmit an application. She went on to say that she will look into the apartment in the garage. Mrs. Terry explained that the original application requested changing the property from a five unit rental to four unit condominium.
426 East College Street, James and Jill Levere, #07-059
Tabled at the September 10, 2007 Planning Commission Meeting.
Mr. Mitchell made a motion to remove Application #07-059 from the Table. Seconded by Mr. Blanchard. Motion carried 5-0.
Application #07-059 is removed from the Table.
The request is for approval of the following items:
1) Replacement of worn shingles on the primary structure;
2) Replacement of deteriorated particleboard siding on detached garage with new siding to match existing siding on the primary structure;
3) Replacement of existing (first level) screened porch with new (first level) screened porch and second story deck with roof structure;
4) Replacement of existing garage door.
The property is zoned Village Residential District (VRD).
A court reporter transcribed discussions regarding Application #07-059. Please refer to the transcript which is included as part of these minutes.
Mr. Mitchell moved to Approve Application #07-059 with conditions:
Seconded by Mr. Burriss.
Roll Call Vote to Approve Application #07-059 with conditions: Blanchard (no), Mitchell (yes), Ryan (yes), Burriss (yes), Riffle (yes). Motion carried 4-1.
Application #07-059 is approved with the following Conditions:
1) Replacement of the worn shingles on the primary structure with asphalt shingles.
2) Replacement of the particleboard siding on the detached garage with vinyl siding to match the vinyl siding on the primary structure.
3) Replacement of existing garage door with carriage style doors
4) Replacement of existing (first level) screened porch with new (first level) screened porch & second story deck structure.
5) (Condition of the Approval of #4) Painting of the exterior of the structure to be white, including railing, supports & T111.
6) (Condition of the Approval of #4) Division of the screens on the first level to be consistent with the submitted photographs labeled Exhibits A and B.
7) (Condition of the Approval of #4) That the soffits would be enclosed consistent with the submitted photographs labeled Exhibit C.
121 South Prospect Street, Dan Rogers, #07-064
The request is for approval of a change in use for a portion of the main structure currently used by Perry Watson as a chiropractic office from Business and Professional Offices (C) to Food, Drug, and Beverage Businesses (D). The property is zoned Village Business District.
A court reporter transcribed discussions regarding Application #07-064. Please refer to the transcript which is included as part of these minutes. Mr. Rogers agreed to table the application so he could submit a site plan. He was also told that a separate application would need to be submitted for the change of use request for a medical service center in the rear structure of the property located at 121 South Prospect Street.
Mr. Mitchell moved to Table Application #07-064. Seconded by Mr. Blanchard.
Roll Call Vote to Table Application #07-064: Mitchell, Blanchard, Burris, Ryan, Riffle. Motion carried 5-0.
Application #07-064 is Tabled.
Minutes of September 10, 2007 – Mr. Mitchell moved to Table the minutes because the committee did not have a copy in front of them for review. Seconded by Mr. Ryan. The motion passed 5-0. The minutes of September 10, 2007 are Tabled.
Councilmember O’Keefe requested that the committee review any end of the year issues or suggestions for Council to review. She stated that she thought it might be beneficial for Council to hear their thoughts and suggestions. The committee agreed to forward comments to Mrs. Terry and she agreed to get this information to Council.
Mr. Blanchard moved to adjourn the Planning Commission meeting, seconded by Mr. Mitchell. Motion carried 5-0.
October 1, 2007
October 22, 2007
Planning Commission Chair, Tim Riffle Date Approved
Adjournment: 8:35 pm.
Respectfully submitted by: