Granville Community Calendar

Legislation Adopted by Council February 1, 2012

PUBLIC NOTICE VILLAGE OF GRANVILLE

The Granville Village Council adopted the following legislation at the February 1, 2012 regular meeting: 

 Resolution No. 2012-10, A Resolution to Amend the Rules of the Village Council

In accordance with Section 2.11 of the Village Charter, the Council approved this resolution to establish the Rules of the Village Council. The Charter provides that the Council shall adopt its own rules at or before the first regular meeting in February immediately following an organizational meeting.  As Council did not identify any changes to the rules, the resolution is prepared with language that would readopt the existing rules.  A major addition was added to the Rules involving a Councilmember abstaining from a vote or participation in a discussion.  Language was added regarding abstentions to clarify situations where a Councilmember should abstain.  Additional items corrected in the Rules was clarifying language as to  where and when a Council meeting could be held, the addition of Other Staff Matters to the Order of Business and a correction in the order of Old and New Business.  Several other minor language clarity issues were also corrected. 

Resolution No. 2012-11, A Resolution Authorizing the Village Manager to Execute an Agreement Between the Village of Granville and the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Ohio Council 8, Representing the Full-Time Service, Utility, and Maintenance Workers and the Full-Time Police Dispatchers, Which Agreement will be Effective for the Period From January 1, 2012 Through December 31, 2014 

This resolution authorizes the Village Manager to sign an agreement with the Village service workers and dispatchers.  The contract is similar to the previous agreement.  The contract maintains the step system for covered employees.  The system has ten steps (covering twelve years) for an employee to move from the minimum pay to the maximum pay for a classification.  The contract provides that the classifications increase by 2% in 2012, 1.5% in 2013 and 1.5% in 2014.  

Resolution No. 2012-12, A Resolution Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into a Contract with the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) for the Resurfacing Project of Cherry Valley Road from State Route 16 South to the Granville Corporation Limit

This resolution authorizes the Village Manager to enter into a Contract with the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) for resurfacing Cherry Valley Road from State Route 16 south to the Granville Corporation limit in 2012.  ODOT/LCATS will be providing 80% of the funding for this project.  The Village will be responsible for the remaining 20% with the possibility that additional funding could be available from the Ohio Public Works Commission (OPWC) because the Village is working with Newark and Heath as a united single partner with ODOT for this Granville project and other 2013 LCATS’ paving projects funded in Newark and Heath. 

All legislation is available for review at the Village Offices during regular business hours, which are normally 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The Village Offices are located at 141 East Broadway.

 

 

Employee Payroll / Compensation

The Village has thirty-six (36) full-time employees, 16 regular part-time employees and seaonal employees. Village Personnel Policy

Go to My Pay Stub and login.