The Granville Village Council adopted the following legislation at the February 19, 2014 regular meeting:
Ordinance No. 01-2014, An Ordinance to Amend Sections 1135.01, 1149.03, 1149.04, 1149.05, 1149.06, 1149.07, 1149.08, 1165.02, 1165.03 and Add Section 1149.09 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Granville, Ohio Pertaining to Definitions, Non-Conforming Uses and Structures and the Open Space District Standards
This Ordinance updates the language regarding non-conforming uses and structures and certain standards in the Open Space District.
- Section 1135.01 - Language Use; Meanings: Adds clarification to the lot of record definition that grandfathers all lots prior to January 1, 2014.
- Section 1149.03 - Non-Conforming Lots of Record: Created a new section dealing with non-conforming lots of record-essentially grandfathering existing lots.
- Sections 1149.04, 1149.05, 1149.06, 1149.07, 1149.08 and 1149.09: Renumbering of Sections only with the creation of the Non-Conforming Lots of Record.
- Section 1165.02 - Permitted and Conditional Uses: Removal of the requirement that a lot shall not be less than five acres – moved this requirement to the development standards section which addresses the lot requirements.
- Section 1165.03 - Development Standards: Changes the language to require all new lots to be not less than five acres in size (instead of just farm dwellings and related accessory buildings as part of an active agricultural operation); Modifies language to require review by the Village Planner instead of the Planning Commission for new structures.
Ordinance No. 02-2014, An Ordinance to Amend Sections 1113.03,1113.04 and Add Section 1113.05 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Granville-Ohio Pertaining to the Procedure for Plat Approval
This Ordinance updates the language regarding the procedures for plat approval.
- Section 1113.03 - Preliminary Plat: Establishes correct number of copies to submit; removes language inconsistent with regular Planning Commission time frames for submittal; removes language requiring the Planning Commission to review an application for completeness and replaces it with the Village Staff; removes time frame for when Staff must submit the application information to other Department Heads (to eliminate confusion); removes requirement for written reports from all Department Heads which delays the processing of the application.
- Section 1113.04 - Approval of Preliminary Plat: Establishes the process after the Planning Commission approves or disapproves a preliminary plat; provides a time frame for expiration of preliminary plat approval.
- Section 1113.05 - Final Plat: Provides a revised time frame for expiration of the preliminary plat consistent with Section 1113.04; removes language requiring final plat to be submitted thirty (30) days prior to the Planning Commission meeting and replaces it with the regular Planning Commission time frames for submittal; removes time frame for when Staff must submit the application information to Department Heads (to eliminate confusion).
All legislation is available for review at the Village office during regular business hours, which are normally 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The Village office is located at 141 East Broadway.