The Granville Village Council adopted the following legislation at the May 20, 2015 regular meeting:
Ordinance No. 06-2015, An Ordinance to Rescind Chapter 145 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Granville, Ohio and Adopt a New Chapter 145 Pertaining to Personnel Practices
The Village’s personnel section of the Codified Ordinances was last updated in 2002. Most of the changes involve bringing the Code into compliance with existing law. Suggested changes include:
- The numbers of holidays was unchanged, the specific holidays may be recommended for change based on further conversation with the employees (i.e. swap Columbus Day for the day after Thanksgiving).
- Vacation accumulation was converted from hours per year to a monthly accrual with clarifications as to when the accrual starts and when the earned vacation could be taken. This is written to coincide with current administrative procedures and union agreements.
- Clarification as to which sections govern seasonal, part-time, full-time employees
- Vacation accrual rates for new employees who previously worked for other governmental entities
- Conversion of sick leave accumulation to vacation days (when requested by the employees) was clarified
- Addition of five weeks vacation for employees with more than twenty years of service
Resolution No. 2015-31, A Resolution of Appreciation to Seth Patton for His Contributions to the Granville Community
This resolution recognizes retiring Vice President of Finance and Development of Denison University Seth Patton. Village Council expressed their appreciation for all of his work with Council, the Granville and Licking County community.
Resolution No. 2015-32, A Resolution Adopting a Personnel Manual for the Village of Granville
This resolution established an employee manual. Previously all of the administrative issues involving employees were included in the Village Codified Ordinances.
Resolution No. 2015-33, A Resolution to Authorize the Non-Permanent Installation of a Sidewalk Café on the Public Sidewalk at 138 North Prospect Street in Front of the Business Known as “Mai Chau on Prospect” for Calendar Year 2015, Subject to Restrictions
This resolution authorizes a sidewalk café to be located in front of the Mai Chau on Prospect at 138 North Prospect Street. The authorization permits the sidewalk cafe through October 31, 2015, but can be extended by the Village Manager for a date to be determined. All conditions in the resolution are similar to those required for other sidewalk cafes. A diagram has been attached to the resolution that shows where the café may be located, where sidewalk signage may be located, and where sidewalk access is to be maintained.
Resolution No. 2015-34, A Resolution Authorizing the Village of Granville, Ohio, to Participate in the Ohio Department of Transportation Cooperative Purchasing Program
This resolution authorizes the Village to participate in ODOT’s bulk road salt program for 2015-2016. The Village will be requesting two hundred tons of salt through this program. By participating in the state’s bulk program, staff hopes to improve access to this necessary commodity and see a reduction in the cost of salt through the State’s volume purchase power.
All legislation is available for review at the Village office during regular business hours, which are normally 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The Village office is located at 141 East Broadway.