At its regular meeting on June 20, 2012, the Granville Village Council scheduled a public hearing and request for public comment on July 18, 2012 at 7:30pm in the Granville Village Council Chambers, 141 East Broadway, for the following:
Ordinance No. 06-12, An Ordinance to Adopt the 2012 Joint Granville Township and Village of Granville Comprehensive Plan
This ordinance would create a new joint Comprehensive Plan for both the Village of Granville and Granville Township. The last update to the Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Village in 2001. The Village and Township have been working on this updated plan since 2006. Both Village and Township residents are encouraged to attend this hearing and make comments.
Ordinance No. 12-2012, An Ordinance to Amend Ordinance No. 37-2011 Providing for Adjustments of the Annual Budget for the Fiscal Year 2012 and Revising Sums for Operating Expenses
This ordinance is a supplemental appropriation ordinance to amend the 2012 annual operating budget to account for the pay-off of the Bryn Du note and funds for the recommended capital improvement fund projects including $12,000 for Village Hall general maintenance repairs, $15,000 to update Council Chambers as an Emergency Operations Center and an improved amplification system, $6,000 for a water line to the service department, $10,000 for a speed trailer, $50,000 to prevent storm water from coming in the basement of Village Hall and to upgrade police department facilities in the basement including the evidence room crime lab and police locker room, $20,000 for the pedestrian pathway conversion between St. Luke’s Church and the Granville Historical Society and $22,000 toward the renovation of Opera House Park.
Ordinance No. 11-12, An Ordinance to Amend Sections 1137.01, 1139.04, 1139.05, 1139.06, 1141.04, 1141.05 and 1141.06 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Granville, Ohio
This ordinance proposes revisions to the Code to streamline zoning and eliminate inconsistencies. These are the proposed modifications to the Code.
1) Section 1137.01, Council Powers and Duties: Clarify language to the appeal and review hearing process.
2) Section 1139.04, Powers; Duties of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals: Provide the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals the ability to interpret the Zoning Code and map, where there is a conflict. Currently, the code only provides for interpretations of the Zoning Map by the BZBA.
3) Section 1139.05, Decisions of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals: Make language consistent with language in the Planning Commission section.
4) Section 1139.06, Appeals from Decisions of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals: Clarify language to the appeal process.
5) Section 1141.04, Powers; Duties of the Planning Commission: Proposing a modification to the title only for consistency.
6) Section 1141.05, Procedure for Decisions of the Planning Commission: Modifications to establish consistency between sections.
7) Section 1141.06, Appeals from Decisions of the Planning Commission: Clarify language to the appeal process and establish consistency between the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals and the Planning Commission.
All legislation is available for review at the Village Offices during regular business hours, which are normally 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The Village Offices are located at 141 East Broadway.