At its regular meeting on May 6, 2015, the Granville Village Council scheduled a hearing for May 20, 2015 at 7:30pm in the Granville Village Council Chambers, 141 East Broadway, for the following:
Ordinance No. 06-2015, An Ordinance to Rescind Chapter 145 of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Granville, Ohio and Adopt a New Chapter 145 Pertaining to Personnel Practices
The Village’s personnel section of the Codified Ordinances was last updated in 2002. Most of the changes involve bringing the Code into compliance with existing law. Suggested changes include:
- The numbers of holidays was unchanged, the specific holidays may be recommended for change based on further conversation with the employees (i.e. swap Columbus Day for the day after Thanksgiving).
- Vacation accumulation was converted from hours per year to a monthly accrual with clarifications as to when the accrual starts and when the earned vacation could be taken. This is written to coincide with current administrative procedures and union agreements.
- Clarification as to which sections of both the Ordinance and policy govern seasonal, part-time, full-time employees
- Vacation section regarding accrual rates for new employees who previously worked for other governmental entities
- Conversion of sick leave accumulation to vacation days (when requested by the employees) was clarified
- Addition of five weeks vacation for employees with more than twenty years of service.
All legislation is available for review at the Village Offices during regular business hours, which are normally 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The Village Offices are located at 141 East Broadway.